Paid Intern Opportunity with 1847 Philanthropic!
1847 Philanthropic is a women-owned, small-minority business and development-consulting firm that is known for its innovative cross-sector strategic development planning and resource mobilization. Established in 2014, 1847 Philanthropic specializes in diversifying donor-based funding strategies that support the continuing growth and strength of organizations.
As part of its corporate social responsibility, the organization seeks to offer an opportunity for qualified students or new graduates through internship. During the internship, the student will be exposed to aspects of international development, project management, fund raising, stakeholder and partner engagement through interaction with a variety of non-profit, corporate and foundation contacts, which include some of the world’s leading humanitarian organizations.
- Mobilization of and communication to key project participants
- Providing administrative support to the senior management team
- Event Coordination of stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Taking and compiling comprehensive notes on stakeholder engagement meetings
- Generation of high quality reports of stakeholder engagement and project management
- Pursuing a degree, in social studies, project management, business administration or strategic management
- In the final year of study or recently completed
- Resident in Kampala for the period of the internship
- Good understanding of youth programming and the NGO sector
- Interest in working in the areas of international development, not-for-profit organizations with a global perspective or corporate social responsibility
- Prior internship or professional experience relating to client management, project management or monitoring and evaluation
- Academic or professional experience highly involved in research and writing
- Excellent writing and presentation skills required
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts
- Ability to network with and coordinate highly demanding stakeholders
- Excellent project management, scheduling and organizational skills
- Ability to operate independently with little supervision
- Ability to successfully handle multiple assignments
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook preferred
To apply send your resume and cover letter to both: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com